Distinguished Young Women of Frederick County is part of a national scholarship program that promotes and rewards scholarship, leadership and talent in young women.
Cash scholarships are awarded at the local level and millions in college-granted scholarships are available ($1.5 billion nationally). And local winners will advance to the state program in where they give away more than in cash tuition scholarships.
And it’s FREE to participate!
You must be a junior in high school to participate. Sign up today so you don’t miss out on this life-changing experience!
Welcome to Distinguished Young Women of Frederick County. It's Time for our 2019 Program!
This is open to all juniors in Frederick County.
Here are some important dates to know if you have applied. Not all are mandatory but they are amazing opportunities to grow as young women and learn valuable life-skills
You must Apply to attend these events. click on "Apply Now" at www.distinguishedwy.org and you will be contacted personally with updates. This will not obligate you to participate.
The PROGRAM will be held at 6pm on March 10th at Tuscarora High School.
1. Sunday, January 22, 2017 3pm-6pm: Mandatory Welcome Orientation: from 3pm-6pm at OneLife Fitness ( Formerly North Frederick Sport and Health (next to Pier One and HomeGoods).
2. Sunday January 29th 3pm-6pm : Not mandatory but I STRONGLY encourage you to come. 3pm-6pm at OneLIfe. We will have fun! I always bring food and a good time.
We will practice fitness, learn the opening number and talk about what help you still need with talent, interview, and other miscellaneous topics.
We will talk about social media do’s and don’ts and skills to help you make a great first impression in this program and in life.
3. Sunday February 4th 3pm-6pm: Not mandatory but I wouldn’t miss it! It’s the most amazing time and we give you amazing presents! 3-6pmThe Paul Mitchell School: The Temple. 22 W Church St, Frederick, MD 21701.
We will hold MOCK INTERVIEWS. This will be great practice for you to put on your interview suit and try out your interviewing skills with mock judges. They will give you really helpful feedback so that you can do your very best the day of your actual interview.
The Temple will give you tips on age appropriate hair and make-up and skin care. They will even help you decide on styles for the program.
We will go over a little bit of social etiquette and tips for carrying yourself like a young women. Not boring old lady stuff I promise:-)
4. Friday 3/9/17 2:30pm-7:00pm: MANDATORY Practice and interviews: Tuscarora High School ( this may change depending on how many participants we have.
5. Saturday 3/10/17 3pm-9:00pm: MANDATORY Tuscarora High School: This is it! We will run through the entire program beginning at 3pm. We will have time to laugh, relax, eat dinner and then start the program at 6pm. Time to Win some money and have a great time!!!
Follow us on: